Event DetailsLocation : UCTI/APIIT
Date: 10th September 2011
Web URL : http://fedora.foss.org.my/events/fadkl092011
What is FAD?The Fedora Activity Day (FAD) is a regional event (either one-day or a multi-day) that allows Fedora contributors to gather together in order to work on specific tasks related to the Fedora Project. It is usually held in Barcamp format, and the activities ranges from simple introductory talks to a whole day of building new features for Fedora.
Example activities includes:
- Sprints/hackathons - coding session
- Discussion group - eg: planning on how to promote Fedora in Malaysia
But wait, what is Barcamp?Barcamp is an open, participatory workshop-events, the content of which is provided by participants. Talks and sessions for each days are proposed by attendees , usually on-site, and all attendees are encouraged to present or facilitate a session.
Talk SubmissionAny talks are accepted, as long as it meet one or several of these criteria.
- Software is available in Fedora repositories
- Software is known to be going to be available in Fedora repositories
- Talk/session related to using / developing stuff on Fedora
- Talk/session related to the Fedora community in general
Submit your session now at
can view the list of submitted sessions and vote on them at
RegisteringThis event is free to attend and participate. We are still working on getting swags (free stuff) from Fedora/Red Hat, but it will be limited and early registrants will be given priority. So if you are coming, please register at http://fedora.foss.org.my/events/fadkl092011/++register
See you there! :D