The system/infra and its components was originally developed for the Fedora Malaysia website, while keeping in mind to keep it generic enough so that other communities could use the same components for their own community sites. The infra is already at a usable state, and we can add new sites easily with just a few clicks.
Features in this consolidated infra are:
- Document/Content management (Plone built-in)
- Calendar system (powered by solgema.fullcalendar addon)
- Conference/BarCamp system (powered by collective.conference addon, which was developed for FUDCon Kuala Lumpur 2012)
- Blog (powered by Products.Scrawl)
- Simple yet powerful theming engine (powered by plone.app.theming/ Diazo) - Check out Diazo, you'll love it. Don't worry, its not plone specific.
- OpenID and OpenID Selector - we even have Fedora's OpenID as an option in the OpenID Selector
- FOSS Society Malaysia - plenty of legacy stuff, need quite some work
- Malaysia Python User Group
The code for this Plone buildout is here : https://dev.inigo-tech.com/svn/izhar/fedoramy.site/trunk/ . The buildout kindof a messy as it was hacked together at random times without spending much thinking. WARNING: lack of docs. If you need help, ping me :-)
Help needed to properly refactor some of the codes and make the infra more generic and reusable for everyone. I also need help in migrating some of the old infra sites to the current infra.
For those who are based in Malaysia, we will be having a hackathon after the Python Malaysia meetup this Saturday to migrate the Python Malaysia website to the new infra.
- Setup new site for pythonmy on the current infra
- Write diazo theme transform rules for pythonmy site.
- Rename fedoramy.site to a new buildout, with a more generic name
- Get rid of apprepo.org dependencies from the buildout. Apprepo.org should be outside of this shared infra as it introduced a number of external deps thats not relevant for other sites.